We have now officially completed our three month lecture phase of YWAM's Crossroads Discipleship Training School (CDTS). By the time you read this we have likely departed for our three month outreach to Papua New Guinea and the Cairns area of Queensland, Australia. Our entire team is looking forward to putting into practice everything we have learned during our lecture phase.
We will be in Papua New Guinea from March 31 to May 10. We will be located in Kerema in the Gulf Province in an undeveloped area on the southern coast of the mainland west of Port Moresby. The government officials in this area asked YWAM to teach courses on applying biblical principles to all aspects of government. In addition to serving in the conference, we will be working in areas of basic life skills, biblical teaching, healthcare and other mercy ministries for the duration of our six week stay in PNG. We depart from PNG on May 10th to serve in a similar capacity in northeastern Australia among aboriginal peoples until June 12th.
During our time in Papua New Guinea we will have no internet or telephone access. In Queensland we will have very limited access to the Internet, but may be accessible on our Australian cellphones. Once back in Perth on June 13th we will have a week to debrief before this training program is completed.
Please pray the following for our team and family:
- Unity & love (we see these as the keys to successful ministry and survival)
- Patience & mercy (it's going to be a difficult adjustment for us to be in rural PNG without electricity and other comforts for which we are accustomed)
- Knowledge and wisdom to teach, learn and serve among these peoples
- Spiritual insight to apply what we have learned effectively and appropriately
- Health (especially against malaria, which is widespread in this tropical region) and good nutrition (on our limited diet of mostly fish and sweet potatoes)
- Safety & protection both physically and spiritually
- Strength & stamina to continue to provide great ministry
- Travel mercies coming and going from these places
- Ears to clearly hear God about our next steps upon completion of this program
- and most of all that we would be a blessing to those we are going to during this time.
PS., The photos were taken on our commissioning night here at YWAM Perth earlier this week.