Welcome to the Baldwin Boomerang

We long to see people in every tribe, tongue and nation transformed for God's glory. Our mission is to share the gospel by producing effective, compelling media tools that people can understand in their own culture and language. We are preparing to serve as full-time media missionaries with Create International. Toward that end we completed an extensive missions training program called a Crossroads DTS at YWAM Perth, Australia and a secondary YWAM school called the School of Frontier Media in Thailand. We are currently on furlough in North America and hope to see you face-to-face in 2010!

Support Information: Our support goal is currently near 50%.

You may send gifts and donations for our support to our sending agency Ripe for Harvest and please designate Account #247 in the memo line without including our name on the check. You may then mail the check directly to:

Ripe for Harvest, P.O. Box 487, Monument, CO 80132

PLEASE note new address.

It can take up to a month and a half for us to see your donation show up on our report. Also, Ripe for Harvest is able to issue a tax deductible receipt in the USA, but YWAM in Thailand is not.

If you want to be added to our newsletter list or have additional questions, email us at baldwinboomerang @ gmail dot com

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Guest Blogger Scott Smith Speaks

This blog features the address Scott Smith intended to give at our Big Baldwin Event on April 12, 2008, before he realized he would not be able to get through telling it in one piece. We are both humbled and honored to post his comments as promised on our blog. So we know turn over the mic to the one and only:

Scott Smith:


Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.

- Aristotle


The most solid of friendships are forged by God, not stumbled upon by man. The best of those friendships are no less divinely ordained and appointed than those friendships that become our marriages. God brings people together for reasons sometimes known only to him.


But I'm here to tell you that Steve and I are not friends. We have known each other for 22 years – more than half our lives. We roomed together for years both in and after college. We were each the "best man" in each other's weddings. I even named my son Steven after him. But we are not friends.


We are brothers. The only lasting friendships I've had longer than those I have with Steve and a handful of our mutual friends, are blood relatives, my true brother and sister. You can see how the lines might blur after a while.


To walk you through all we have seen and done together, who we have known, the friendships we've shared…Well, it would take much more space than we have here, and you didn't come here to read my ramblings. But I can tell you this: In my 41 years, I've not known a man of greater faith, stronger character and generosity of spirit than Steve Baldwin. And God, in his infinite wisdom gave him a wife who has all of those qualities, plus the patience of a saint! Together Steve and Allyson have built a family of equally great faith, character and generosity, and they should be proud.



When Steve first told me they felt God was calling them to missions, and that meant moving – quite literally – to the other side of the world, my first reaction was "you must do this." I knew instantly that this was right for Steve. A second later my heart sank.


Months later, I have no doubt that Steve, Allyson, Sam, Rachel and Abby are meant to be heading "Down Under". I also still have no doubt that it's really going to stink having them so far away, but brothers don't let oceans and distance stand in the way of their relationship. Family doesn't cease to be family merely because of a few thousands of miles. And with today's technology there's no better time in history to have a friend half-way around the world.


I could not be more proud of my brother and sister, Steve & Allyson, and their kids. The selfish part of me wants to keep them here. Every other part of me knows without a doubt that they must go. So it is with truly mixed emotions, but with great conviction that I urge you to support the Baldwins in this next leg of their walk of faith, so they can share their talents, friendship and faith with the rest of the world. Thank you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dad, my name is spelled wrong!